two 9+ acre building lots
The Hanson Homestead is a 200-acre farm in South River, Ontario which has been in our family since 1884, when it was
cleared and settled by our great great grandfather John Hanson.
Our family has created an amazing opportunity for you to own a piece of Canadian history.
We have severed two development lots which are each close to 10 acres.
Each lot has 300ft of frontage onto Eagle Lake Road with two-thirds flat cleared fields, which are approved for single homes and ready to build.
The rest of the acreage includes your own track of private bush along with your own section of the trout stream.
The Hanson Homestead building lots are perfectly located:
• just two minutes out of the Village of South River
• close to two entrances to Highway 11
• 45 minutes north of Huntsville and 45 minutes south of North Bay
The Hanson Homestead building lots offer the perfect location to build your dream home and to be close to nature with Eagle Lake, Algonquin Park, fishing, hiking, snowmobile trails, ice fishing and hunting just outside your new front door.
Each lot is listed at $150,000 and we are now accepting offers.
Contact us if you’re interested in this unique opportunity to own a piece of the Hanson Homestead.
grant ivens & the ivens family
Here is your opportunity to own a piece of Canadian history on the Hanson Homestead in South River, Ontario.
Two 9+ Acre Building Lots
- part the 200 acre Hanson Homestead
- established in 1884 by John Hanson
- minutes from the village of South River
Your Private Bush
- each lot has a tract of mixed bush great for hiking and nature watching
Close to everything
- perfect location for outdoor adventures
- Snowmobile trails, parks, lakes, trails
Ready to Build Cleared Flat Field
- 300′ frontage onto Eagle Lake Road
- over 9 acres with 2/3 cleared flat field
- a perfect location for your dream home
Your Private Trout Stream
- imagine walking out your back door to go fishing at your own trout stream
Live Close to Nature
- abundance of wildlife and natural beauty
- great area for fishing, hunting and watching